Sunday 27 July 2014

Graduation 2014

And so another year of graduations has drawn to a close... This year I worked the University of Exeter's Graduation day in Cornwall for the second year running. This year I managed to get this cheeky snapshot of Truro Cathedral in all its glory on Graduation. Stunning, right?!

        

It was a brilliant day with some fantastic speeches from the Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor of the university and smiles all day from graduates and their families. A momentous occassion to complete their time in Cornwall. 
However, as I'm going into my third year now, attending graduation day was an unsettling wake-up call that this will be me this time next year. I really can't get over how quickly my time at university has flown, clearly I'm having fun! It's also very daunting to realise that this time next year I will be starting a job. To earn real money. For real life. No more government funding. Maybe a little bit more parental funding (please, dad!) if I'm lucky. It is scary to think that each year a whole bunch of students are pushed into the big wide world quite suddenly but it's also exciting to consider that from the moment I started my degree I was gaining skills and carving out my path in life. 

Congratulations to all Exeter graduates, especially those that have been so lovely to me over the past two years. You will be missed!

K xo

No comments:

Post a Comment