Tuesday 3 June 2014

#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso

    
Apologies for my absence! There have been exams and reading and working which have all gotten in the way of me writing a new blog post BUT I'm back for the summer and really excited to share my summer in Falmouth with you. 

For this post I want to share my initial thoughts on founder and CEO of Vintage online store Nasty Gal, Sophia Amoruso's new book, #GIRLBOSS. This book appeals to me in so many ways from the get go; written by a woman with drive who created her own business from nothing and skyrocketed in a mere 7 years. Sophia is very down to earth about her success and emphasises hard work and determination at all points of the book. I find her witty tone charming and interesting to read alongside her appreciation for the people who have helped her along the path to her present situation. 

I'm only a quarter of a way through the book but I am struggling to put it down. It's so inspiring and motivational, particularly for young women aspiring to be business leaders. I love her honesty about the business world, especially with regards to the 'boring' stuff AKA finance which she still keeps in mind and values the person sorting this out for her. Even though I'm only part way through I would urge anyone to go out and buy this book simply for the magical, charming, witty voice of Sophia and her inspiring but extremely honest story. 

Thanks for reading xo

No comments:

Post a Comment