Friday 6 December 2013

Procrastination Professionals




Usually, I take essays in my stride and just get on with them but as the nights draw in and we get closer to Christmas, I can't help but think about going home in just under a week's time. Obviously this daydream forgets that I have a deadline on monday for my second REAL second-year essay. The pressure is on.
 As all students do, myself and my housemates have been procrastinating this afternoon, as much as possible. We try not to but one of us starts watching a Youtube video or sees something funny on imgur and we all have to see it. 

Without further ado, here are some of our picks of the day for how to avoid your essay-writing/report/deadline stress and have a good laugh:

My choice - Jenna Marbles
One of my favourite Youtubers, Jenna Marbles. I have almost seen every video and with a new one every wednesday (or Thursday) I can't help but have a little snoop on her page every now and again. Here's a taster.


Laura's choice - Tickld
Always finding her giggling at pictures or videos from this website, it's a good choice. You don't need to sign up or make an account to get scanning through the pages of procrastination glory so no annoying emails, perfect! When a website wants to "spread laughter and cure boredom" and don't think it can be denied.
Take a look here


Millie's choice - Imgur
Millie loves this site. Similar to Tickld, it has a similar effect! Imgur is more image-based and tends to attract meme-style images. If she finds anything brilliant I usually get sent it on facebook and then continue browsing. Link is here. 


Whatever your procrastination tools, I wish you could luck with final deadlines and a brilliant christmas break. If there are any amazing things that you feel I need to know about, feel free to leave a comment (unless it's a cat video, I've seen ALL of those). This was just a quick post to procrastinate further and I'm fully aware that I may have missed some vital websites/videos/things.

K xo


 

No comments:

Post a Comment