Wednesday 27 November 2013

Music: Lorde

Okay, so it's been a while. I understand that. I'm sorry, is that okay? 

I have definitely been slacking on writing recently. It's been a busy term and sometimes I neglect some parts of my life in favour of others (namely my extra-curricular activities for my degree, it's important and all that) but now I'm back with a vengeance, well almost.

Today, I have to share my love for a new artist on the block. I can't get enough of her dulcet tones and witty lyrics on life. Namely, Lorde. A young lady from New Zealand who has been involved in the music business since the age of 12 and rocketed into my musical awareness a couple of months ago. Lorde was propelled into the spotlight as unknown 16 year old when she was featured on the Spotify playlist 'Hipster International', being described as "the antidote to disposable pop" by the owner of the playlist (here).

I am loving the music this girl is making, it's moody yet catchy, punchy, and easy to listen to. I don't feel as though I'm listening to a glimpse of teenage angst against the world but something that is well-thought out, considered, and then clean cut into these pieces and then matched perfectly with videos that reflect the world which Lorde inhabits and invites the listener to join in for those three minutes. But don't take my word for it, have a listen for yourself...

K xo

No comments:

Post a Comment