Tuesday 30 July 2013

Long Time, No Speak

Hi again!

First off, apologies for not posting much recently. It's been a hectic month or so: new house, new job, new books, end of first year and I've been pretty caught up trying to gather my life back together after the upheaval that this month has caused.

So without further ado, I'm back. 

I thought I'd gush a little about my new house because it's BEAUTIFUL. After living in halls for a year it's nice to have stairs... And a bathtub. From July for the next year I'll be living with two girls, Millie and Laura, in a terraced cottage in the heart of Falmouth (when I say heart I mean it, we're 5 minutes from all the shops and 10 minutes from Gyllyngvase Beach). We share a passion for kitsch items, reading, and anything wine-related, haha. The house consists of a large social and dining space downstairs with 3 bedrooms upstairs (this being a Cornish terrace, one of those is a tiny box room but we felt sacrifices had to be made for such a great house).

My favourite thing about our house is the sheer amount of light that we get throughout the day in this space. In the morning the sun shines through the patio doors, flooding the dining room with light, and then in the evening the sun shines through the bay, making our living room the perfect sun trap in the evening. On top of this, the character of our house is preserved by our landlady's eclectic taste in antique furniture. The house feels homely rather than student-y and this really impacted us when we first viewed the house.


Overall, with 3 girls and a beautiful house to live in, my second year at university looks to be shaping up quite nicely. Thanks for reading.

K xo



No comments:

Post a Comment