Sunday 12 May 2013

The Magic of Music


Recently I've really been suffering from exam stress. Now, I don't usually stress about exams; I was heading to house parties the week before my A levels were due to start and never had a meltdown in preparation for my final exams. However, university seems to have cracked me. With 4 3 hour long exams to prepare for, which all fall within 10 days, I have been seriously FREAKING OUT. I've tried doing all sorts to calm down a little; running, long showers, shopping, talking to old friends. Nothing seems to have done it quite so well as playing with my jazz band for a couple of hours this evening.

As previously mentioned, I enjoy my music. I think that the best kind of music is that which you create yourself. I love the social element to a band, chatting with different people, but also the amazing feeling that you get when you work together as a group on a piece and it sounds absolutely magnificent, it's really the best feeling and you get such a buzz from performances. The best part of music is that you don't have to play an instrument to get this feeling either, it comes from singing too! 

So, if you've never been in a band or a choir, I seriously recommend joining one. Especially at university! You meet the best people.

K xo

No comments:

Post a Comment